Diwali

Hey,today is the holy festival of Diwali.It has got many religious stories attached to it and that makes it very sacred.But, yesterday night I was out in my society's park for a little stroll just to loosen up my mind and soul as I was really bugged up with the whole careless and mind-blocking scenario that was just clogging my head a lot for the last few days, like water that is clogging the mud in a paddy field(a scientific fact),oh see I remember some of my notes from my geography class.
So,now back to the point I was trying to convey that this year I'm not gonna blow up crackers and stuff,because this time around I feel I've become aware and concerned about saving our planet earth after seeing the great movie "An Inconvenient Truth" by Al Gore.That movie was a real inspirational movie and I guess every school should show it to all students atleast once.
So,it was yesterday night I saw 2 young guys firing crackers and that was emitting so much smoke and that too purely white and hazardous and at that point of time I felt as if I could feel the poisonous gas on my skin and I started seeing images of Arctic Ice glaciers melting in the star-studded sky and that image was horrifying.
I guess the notion of celebrating Diwali has changed over the years and I think its getting worse and worse,and now its more of a show-off celebration among people and there's a kind of competition among families of who blows up the most amount of money on crackers and I don't understand what kind of high people get in blowing off a 5000 rupee rocket in sky which survives for some nano-seconds and then it goes nowhere.WHATS THE USE???

So in the end my message is to just have a safe,happy and prosperous Diwali without causing harm to yourself and at the large scale, to the earth.





Here's a poem on Diwali as I end my post.

Season of Lights
Dunes of vapors from crackers rise,
Engulf, as odorous airs resound
Effusing joys to all abound
Pearls of gleams in these autumn nights
Adorn our lives else trite
With sparklers that motley skies
As soaring spirits of powder wander
Let us thank the heavenly might,
In this festive season of lights.

MS

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

3 Comments:

Quicksilver said...

Agree completely about the cracker thing.

Happy diwali to you too bro, though I think it is a leetle late

Unknown said...

nice poem man.

Manmeet Singh said...

yeah.I'm glad that there are people around me who have the same state of mind like me and are sensitive about the well-being of the earth.

Quicksilver:
Nevermind,its ok.So how was your diwali??? I was choking all night long and I couldn't sleep a little till around 3 p.m.

Asneel :
Thanks man.

 
The Life And Times of MS - This Blogspot Theme is proudly powered by M$.Inc and themed by Manmeet Singh