Review: Slumdog Millionaire



You'll be surprised to see me posting here even its just one day before my math exam, but to be true I just couldn't resist.I (finally) saw the all-talked about and the Award winning movie "Slumdog Millionaire".Its a one of its kind movie and I've no words to tell how awesome it was. But, that doesn't mean I won't give my review on it.

First of all,the cinematography and the locations were all so very realistic which added to the charm of a pure Indian slum,making the story look really real and interesting.The actors did full justice to the script by their almost flawless acting.The newbies Dev Patel (who played "Jamal Malik") and Freida Pinto (as Latika) were great.The story is based on the life of two brothers, Jamal and Salim who are orphaned after some riots broke out in a muslim slum of Mumbai. It showcases the true Indian mentality which involves corruption and all the things which take place undercover in India.The story revolves around Jaamal's each question on the show "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" as he explains to an inspector (Irrfan Khan) how he came to knew all the answers while struggling to survive in the inferno-city life.I would do great injustice to the script if I try to explain it here because I know I won't be good at it as its a movie which has to been seen to believe.The movie showcases all from poverty to corruption to begging to black-marketting to cricket to craze for movie stars and what not.Each and every detail has been highlighted fantastically and the director Danny Boyle must be applauded for directing such a great piece of entertainment with knowledge.And yeah, A.R. Rahman's music surely needs a mention which made the aura of the movie more intenser.

I think that this movie is a great wake-up call for all the people of the country to know that there exists a different India other than the shiny India that we all have seen.Behind all the five-star hotels and malls,there exist millions of slumdogs but the need of the hour is to understand that they too are humans and something needs to be done.

Super Movie.Hats Off. And yeah it has won 4 Golden Globe Awards already and still it has a long way to go.Its releasing in India on 23rd January but thanks to Torrents, I saw it much earlier.Its just a Slumderful movie. LOL

Read complete story at : IMDB

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

0 Comments:

 
The Life And Times of MS - This Blogspot Theme is proudly powered by M$.Inc and themed by Manmeet Singh