Access 2008 *huh* over.

So, finally I'm here with my post talking about Access 2008.Though,I'm a bit late but my reason is that my power supply box(in CPU) got burned on 17th while I was away.So,the engineer didn't come on the day he told and I had to wait for a whole day without my computer.

Anyways talking about my 2 days at Access 2008 at Modern School were great and I made the most of it as it was my last symposium in 10th grade.Day 1 was rather uneventful as I had to wait for around 4-5 hours or so from the morning for my event.I met Abhinav a.k.a Quicksilver from DPS Dwarka and he introduced me to one of his friends Anuj from DPS Rkp.

Then me and Pulkit wandered throughout the school and explored every nook and corner of the school so as to pass our time.The canteen was great,infact,it was one of the best I've ever seen in any school and the food out there was good.The lunch organised by the school folks was just okz, not much worth.And to pass time we even did some lame photography(which I'll post later in a photographic post about Access 2008).

Then, we had our event and I guess, I did a good job but I think others were better than me thats why I didn't went on to win anything.

Day 2
Today was our(Me and Pulkit) day because today we were here for our mainstream event in which we somewhat specialize,i.e.,quizzing.We went in for Junior Quiz prelims and did a really superb job and we were sure that we would surely make it to the finals and we actually did.I was feeling good and then after it was announced officially,it began a series of calls to tell the good news to family and friends.After that we had our lunch.Again it was okz and I didn't eat much out of nervousness.Then began the finals and we're in lead in the first round then I don't know what happened to us in 2nd,3rd and 4th round as these rounds proved to be our 'bald' phases. Then in 5th round,we missed one of our direct questions which was : "What does Intel stands for?". I knew this answer but a certain aura of confusion,lack of confidence or nervousness caused this answer to slip out of my mind and the time limit just finished and we were just left showing a 'shameful' smile because its a basic quizzing questions and we should have known it. And now,this question has been in my mind and soul for the last 2 days and is haunting me constantly because if we would have answered it we would have made a podium-finish.But, atlast we came 4th and this rank proves to be a jinx for us coz of Exun 2007 where we again came 4th.

Anyways I came back home and slept.
Then next day went to school and took my papers and played basketball and then in the evening I watched I'm Legend.Its a great movie.A must-watch.


MS

Friday, December 19, 2008

3 Comments:

Pulzkit said...

dude. what can i say?
and btw, the power supply is separate from the cpu. not in it. haha. i am picky.
and was that i am legend cd the one i gave you? see, you're practically living off my stuff.

Ankur Goel said...

Hey it's good that u atleast got selected at Modern. I am not that good in Quizzing but Web Designing is the thing in which I can say I'm expert. So i can't comment on ur fate at Access. Best of luck for more events
( in quizzing only bcz Web Designing is only mine ).
& I think that u have ur preboards one time more in mid january. Haven't u?

Manmeet Singh said...

@ Pulz
Man,I know you've a 'picky' sort-of nature but lissin I don't know a shit about my hardware so I wrote here whatever my engineer said.I don't give a damn!

@ Ankur
Oh its good to know you're good at Web-designing.I know a bit of it but I'm still in the learning process. I'm good only at quizzing and Video editing.
ANd yeah we do have our second round of pre-boards starting from 7th January.

 
The Life And Times of MS - This Blogspot Theme is proudly powered by M$.Inc and themed by Manmeet Singh