Year 2008:Review.

Just a couple of days left for this one of a kind and different year of 2008 to end.This year was full of ups and downs for me personally and for the whole world at large.But,in all I would rate this year as a good one.
The year was good for me and the whole world and for that I've my reasons.

  • January 2008: Astroid 2007 WD5 hits Mars, knocking the planet off orbit, into an ice age, and on a collision path for Earth and was expected to hit earth on 28th Jan.-29th Jan.,but it turned out to be a hoax.
  • February 2008: I got a great class ninth result and bagged the 2nd position in the class with a percentage of 91.2% and got promoted to 10th.
  • March 2008: Had some intra-school competitions and I did good enough.
  • April 2008: Our school had the house days.I used my video editing skills to make the intro-video for the house and got the second prize.Also,I participated in Western Music show and me and my band performed "Summer of '69" and "Breaking the Law".I was the vocalist(just in case, you didn't knew.) Also,Steve Jobs introduces I-Phone 3G.
  • July -August 2008: Went to St.Xavier's computer symposium but didn't even managed to get into the finals of the quiz. :( .Also,India put up a great show at Beijing Summer Olympics.
  • September 2008: Had my half-yearlys and I managed to do get an 'ok' result,not so good.
  • October 2008: started missing classes for Different Strokes and a science model presentation.Won third prize at NSIT,Dwarka for science model.I celebrated a cracker-free diwali.
  • November 2008: Worked even harder(read as,missing classes) for Different Strokes for managing the quiz.We managed to get a couple of sponsors like HT,Times of India,Aakash Institute and Narayana Institute and got the food from McDonalds (as usual).The quizzing event turned out to be great,but we missed on big schools to pariticipate as we had some clashes with some other symposiums.Also,the god damned evil (terrorists) strike in Mumbai in an extra-ordinary way and create terror in minds of the people.
  • December 2008: Worked hard for pre-board I and got good result and managed to get 90.9%.Quite impressive. [Touch-(ing) Wood.].Went to modern school barakhamba and came 4th in quiz.The year comes to an end,with the chances of war b/w India and Pakistan increasing.
So,that was how the year went.I didn't mention much "downs" coz of reasons.I've written the ups to keep the atmosphere lively and also,coz I'm an optimist.I see the glass half full,not half-empty. Lets bid-adieu to 2008,with smiling faces.

MS

Monday, December 29, 2008

2 Comments:

Quicksilver said...

A very nice year for you, wasn't it?
Your post reminds me of those Adrian mole books.

Manmeet Singh said...

yeah it was a great year on the professional front,but I did got a lot of setbacks on personal front, which I don't wanna express.

Anyways whats up with you these days?? No posts for a long time.

 
The Life And Times of MS - This Blogspot Theme is proudly powered by M$.Inc and themed by Manmeet Singh