Theory of Head-Banging \m/


Hey hi,

These days I've been listening to some really rock and metal music and the most important thing I noticed is that while listening to it, my head just automatically moves up and down,
this phenomena is known as head-banging(this I know).But what isn't really getting in my head is that why the head shakes,I mean its really an unconscious movement and one just can't control it.
If you don't believe me then try it yourself...put on Nickelback's 'Rockstar' and I bet you'll surely shake your head at some point of time with the rhythm of the music.**

**Conditions Apply.This is applicable ONLY for teenagers and people in their early 20s or something and for those rock-loving fans.Its not applicable for old people(no disrespect),who listen only to ABBA and George Micheal and some Boney M..and other oldies(read as Slow musicians.)
But, yeah all people can try it out!!

So, to remove my doubts,I did a kind of research on this subject and here's some results I've found out.

Official Definition of Head-Banging (from wikipedia) :
"Headbanging is a type of dance which involves violently shaking the head in time with music, most commonly rock music and heavy metal music."

Origin of Head-Banging:
The term "headbanger" was coined during Led Zeppelin's first US tour in 1968. During a show at the Boston Tea Party, audience members in the first row were banging their heads against the stage in rhythm with the music. 

However,Lemmy from Motörhead(a rock band), said in an interview on the documentary The Decline of Western Civilization II: The Metal Years, that the term "Headbanger" may have originated in the band's name, as in "Motorheadbanger". But this is merely speculation and hasn't been proven as of yet.

Its a long research and if you want to know more about it and know about its various styles,then see this link.

Check out this gif file showcasing what is head-banging.



Bye
MS

Monday, October 13, 2008

0 Comments:

 
The Life And Times of MS - This Blogspot Theme is proudly powered by M$.Inc and themed by Manmeet Singh