Pristine Nature

Hey Hi!
I came across this mystic and breathtaking natural lake of Afghanistan in a newspaper.The lake is called "Band-e-Amir" (meaning :"Dam of the Amir").Its located the Hindu Kush Mountains of Central Afghanistan. This lake was a tourist attraction some decades ago, but now with the war conditions out there,there have been no tourists coming there.All the swan shaped paddle boats for boating purpose,are stranded and getting rusted in the lonely environs of the place. But still, it seems like a 'heavenly beautiful piece of earth' which is there in its pristine and untouched form and I guess it must be a super peaceful place.Check out some of its shots I found on Google.

Bird's Eye view of the lake






Is it really earth?? I thought it to be something related to heaven.









The US army posing in front of the lake.




So,I guess everyone who checks out this post will appreciate the research work I've done for this blog.

(P.S.:I've appreciated a lot about the beauty and peacefulness of the place,but personally I wouldn't like to go out to this place because the silence at night will surely take the crap outta me.)

MS

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

2 Comments:

Quicksilver said...

wow! pics of lakes and stuff always fascinate me.

Check this out - its closer home, Mansarovar.

Manmeet Singh said...

yeah,I'm too a nature lover of sort and I also like to appreciate natural beauty.

I checked out the link you provided, but the one I've written on is much more impressive,though this Mansarovar is also good enough.
This Mansarovar is in China,right??
and from here Brahmaputra originates,I guess...

 
The Life And Times of MS - This Blogspot Theme is proudly powered by M$.Inc and themed by Manmeet Singh